Ferris Grand Block/Masonic Lodge Tour

  • Ferris-grand-bldg

Event Category: Community, Events, and Top events

  • Profile

    The Ferris Grand Block built in 1898, had two store fronts on the main floor and was home to the Ferris Grand Opera House on the second floor and a theater balcony on the third. The Masonic bodies purchased the building in 1916 and hired artist, Leo Henke, to create murals of Biblical scenes on the upper walls of the lodge room. The murals are still present today. The building was acquired by the Pipestone County Historical Society in 2013.

    A guided tour of this building is scheduled for 10 a.m. on Saturday, July 17. Cost is $5 for adults, children 12 and under may attend for free. During this tour participants will hear about the history of the building, view the Grand Lodge room, and see some of the Masonic artifacts that are currently being processed into the Museum collection. An update on preservation efforts for the structure will also be given.

    For more information call the Museum at (507) 825-2563.

  • Photos
  • Map

    No Records Found

    Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.

    Google Map Not Loaded

    Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.